Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 14: Famous Last Words

Quadrant streak of Legionella bacteria
(similar to the streaking I do in lab)
Well, this past week has been nothing but bittersweet for me. It was definitely a crazy week! As the semester draws to a complete close (with this upcoming week being dead week, aka the very last week of classes), it's been such a whirlwind. I had my very last regular test on Wednesday, and I've been finishing up all of my final experiments in my capstone lab, and this upcoming up week I will begin my final paper for capstone. I only have that one paper and one final, and I will officially be ready to graduate. I can't believe the time has actually come! It's honestly the most surreal feeling ever.

Another high I had this week was the Relay for Life event, which occurred over this past Friday. Together, the OU community raised over $180,000 for the American Cancer Society - absolutely unreal! It was such a fun experience, and I'm so glad I was able to spend my entire senior year working and planning such an amazing event for an even more amazing cause.

As far as this class goes, I am wrapping everything up this week and should be finished as soon I
as receive my comments back from Laura. It's been such a fun experience being in this class, and I've enjoyed every minute of it. There have definitely been some units that I have liked more than other, but all of them contain unique and individual stories of their own. I loved the idea of the UnTextbook; I think it has been really effective in the way the class was run. It's super easy to navigate and all of the notes in the episodes are super helpful too! Such an awesome class overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment